For Your Daily Dose of MbA

Microblog on Facebook so follow today :)



AMASHIWI

"Culture is the heritage of us all. some may be more interested than others in the treasures of the past, but no one can fail to take a pride in his country's participation in the story of mankind, as represented in carvings, sculpture, music, paintings and the other arts. And there is a personal commitment to this, for no man can really say he is alone: we are all joined through our identity, with the cultures which are part of the mainstream of life"
- Simon Kapwepwe, Zambian Independence Freedom Fighter

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

"Try to be the rainbow in someone else's cloud" - Maya Angelou

"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinion drown out your inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs








Thursday 8 July 2010

A World Cup of Firsts

So now that Spain has ousted Germany, we await the final on Sunday.  Even though an African team did not make it past the Quarter Finals once again, this will still be a historic Cup that will be remembered for years to come.

This is Spain's first trip to the finals, this will be the first time that a European side will win the World Cup beyond the shores of Europe, either side will win the Cup for the first time and I think this may be the first time these two teams have met at the World Cup too! I think that South African winter weather was not enough of a factor, which I think has affected European teams before. In fact I think it played right into European hands.  We need a West African World Cup to really take advantage of being at home...

I must apologise for my useless support of Germany.  Possessing fruit from Mr. Boateng's loins on your team is really not a compelling reason for support.  When I had my senses before World Cup fever seized my body and subsequently my mind, I was all for La Roja - thought I should keep an eye on them and have been impressed with their play ever since Euro 2008. And Nadal loves them.  Okay that is also not a compelling reason either ;}.

But I do hope that Germany at least continue in the vengeance mandate that has unofficially been effected on Uruguay by winning 3rd place.

And I continue to figure out the whole Ronaldo baby mama daddy drama.  My sister and I have decided that until proof of baby-making is produced in the form of a picture, DNA test or other compelling evidence, this whole thing is all rather dodgy.

No comments:

Post a Comment