For Your Daily Dose of MbA

Microblog on Facebook so follow today :)



AMASHIWI

"Culture is the heritage of us all. some may be more interested than others in the treasures of the past, but no one can fail to take a pride in his country's participation in the story of mankind, as represented in carvings, sculpture, music, paintings and the other arts. And there is a personal commitment to this, for no man can really say he is alone: we are all joined through our identity, with the cultures which are part of the mainstream of life"
- Simon Kapwepwe, Zambian Independence Freedom Fighter

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

"Try to be the rainbow in someone else's cloud" - Maya Angelou

"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinion drown out your inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs








Tuesday 22 February 2011

Regeneration

Usually to regenerate I watch films and sport.  However, this is heavy season in Hollywood and even though I enjoyed Black Swan immensely, it did nothing for my mental peace! Sooooo good I highly recommend.  I also highly recommend the King's Speech.  Very excited for Oscar night...





Unfortunately, I cannot rely on Chelsea for a pick-me-up either seeing as it seems their good fortune has gone down the toilet since their brilliant start to the season.  I have no idea why Torres is now on the squad, I feel another Schevschenko (no idea if that is the right spelling and I don't care that is how much I couldn't stand his uselessness) coming on and I am not amused. AT ALL.

And to make it worse, Rafa got injured at the Aussie Open (yes it has taken me this long to recover from seeing him reduced to tears as he fought on so as not to retire in the quarter finals against his countryman Ferrer).  After such a brilliant 2010, I am sad to see his season start out this way.  I hope he recovers for the American hard court interlude before the clay court season start.  I love seeing him win the French - it never gets old, so I am hoping that things will work themselves out. I am glad he was honoured with the Laureus Sportsman of the Year award this year because he deserves it.  He works so hard and fights to the bitter end.  Very inspiring. Looking at his lovely bod as he models for Armani Jeans is a great substitute for the lack of gratification from sport at the moment though he he he...

No comments:

Post a Comment