For Your Daily Dose of MbA

Microblog on Facebook so follow today :)



AMASHIWI

"Culture is the heritage of us all. some may be more interested than others in the treasures of the past, but no one can fail to take a pride in his country's participation in the story of mankind, as represented in carvings, sculpture, music, paintings and the other arts. And there is a personal commitment to this, for no man can really say he is alone: we are all joined through our identity, with the cultures which are part of the mainstream of life"
- Simon Kapwepwe, Zambian Independence Freedom Fighter

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

"Try to be the rainbow in someone else's cloud" - Maya Angelou

"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinion drown out your inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs








Thursday 30 June 2011

Inaugural 3-4-10: Winter/ Summer Music

For us in the Southern hemisphere it is the cold season, while y'all in the North are enjoying some semblance of summer (some places pretend to be hot and are clearly just as cold as we are here ;}).  I think I deserve to be in a summer state of mind as I have endured 8 months of consecutive wintry temperatures.  I am feeling a lot of music right now and thought I'd share what I'm listening to right now, most of which is helping me through my 30 minutes of cardio that consists of very silly dancing 3 times a week :). And any other time the rhythm gets me. It also allows me to kick off my 3-4-10 series that will consist of linked items that come in, you guessed it, 3s, 4s and 10s...

My current Top 3

1. Nwa Baby remix - Flavour
So smooth, so easy to dance to but I'm not sure about the vid...



2.  Why Can't We - Asa
So stylish, love the video, love the song :)



3. Give Me Everthing - Pitbull ft Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Nayer
Builds me up into a frenzy and gets the heart pumping every time



4 songs that are still hitting the spot

1.  Mr. Endowed remix - D'Banj ft Snoop Dogg
I am still Mrs. Endowed. The original is good too :)

2. Under The Sheets Jakwob remix - Ellie Goulding
Man this song still makes me nuts, my body cannot sit still when it plays on my Blackberry. Her voice is so beautiful and calming too like on the original. Love her album.

3. Pass Out - Tinie Tempah
His whole album, Disc-overy, is just the shiznit man! Awesome possum!

4. Lento - Professor ft Speedy
The South Africans are the best on the continent at making good dance music with base to rumble in your soul and make your spirit spritely.

10 more to "spice up your life, every boy and every girl" ;)

1.    Wonderman - Tinie Tempah ft Ellie Goulding
       Two of my fav Brit artists together on the same track = a winner
2.    Shaka Zulu on Em - Zone Fam
       A friend manages this group. Gotta spread the Zed love.
       Check out Slam Dunk Records on YouTube.
3.    Run The World (Girls) - Beyonce
       Yes we do!
4.    Born For This - HHP, Teargas and Liquideep
5.    Beautiful People - Chris Brown
       This man is talented. Please can people help him get his
       personality straight!
6.    TGIF - Katy Perry
       She indulges my 80s nostalgia
7.    Possibility - P-Square ft 2Face Idibia
8.    Head, Shoulders, Kneez and Toes - KIG
9.    Sweat remix - Snoop Dogg vs David Guetta
10.  Price Tag - Jessie J ft B.o.B
       I have heard her sing this live on multiple chat shows and
       wowee she can sing!


No comments:

Post a Comment